Economical Spiral Tube Cooling System that's easy to install.Easy to expand cooling capacity and easy to maintain. The Duramax Demountable Keel Cooler 90/10 cupronickel spiral tube design offers superior heat transfer and design flexibility. It's an economical outboard closed solution to cool main and auxiliary engines on steel-hull vessels.
90/10 cupronickel spiral tube is the heart of the cooler
The unique design of the tubes enhances the surface and creates a turbulent flow to boost heat transfer. In fact, the forced helical motion of the coolant flow extracts heat almost twice as fast as most hull-welded steel channel coolers.
Easy to expand cooling capacity
If you need to re-power or add additional heat sources, an additional bank or level of tubes can be added to single bank system to double your cooling capacity.
Engineered for fast, economical installation
The Demountable Keel Cooler is pre-fitted to install in one-fourth the time of a channel steel cooler. All hardware is included. Hardware and components are pre-drilled and tapped. The demountable cooler is flexible to allow for stress-free bending to hull curvature. It can be installed on the exterior or recessed into the hull. Protective shielding recommended.
Advantages for shipbuilders as well as owners.
- Easily expandable if re-powering
- Modular design simple to install
- Can combine multiple heat sources
- Lower installation cost than steel channel coolers
- Tubes conform to most curvatures
- Tubes and parts in stock, for quick easy repair
- No through-hull fittings
- Eliminates inboard sea chest
- Built to match internal plumbing
- Covers wide range of cooling capacities
- Excellent resistance to corrosion and erosive effects of seawater
- Minimum standoff from hull